Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Home Again!

We were able to bring Bill home from the hospital last night.  He was glad to be home, and we have set up a bed in the living room for him with the couch nearby for me.  Hospice is helping us to care for him at home now.  He has fought a long and very difficult battle.   He is very weak, but fortunately the Docs have been able to control his intolerable pain and he is able to rest comfortably here at home.  

The past 18 months have been rough on all of us.  Right now my emotions are all over the place.  We are so grateful for the prayers and support, cards, visits and positive thoughts along the course of this journey from our friends and family.  Our priority right now is to keep Bill comfortable, pain free and surrounded by love.   

 






3 comments:

Jackie said...

((Hugs)) from the Lyon Family. Your old neighbors from Berkshire are praying for you.

Billy, Sandy & Jackie

Patty Grimes said...

Holly: It has been awhile since I visited your site and I apologize. I am so sorry that you are having to walk this all-too-familiar road, and hope you feel the prayers and encouragement of your many friends. I am glad that you had a great time at the beach - good therapy for all. I know you cherish those memories. I pray that God will surround Bill with His loving arms and ease the pain. May He surround you with peace and strength. Please call me anytime. Patty

Van 1- Hall said...

Holly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! I miss my favorite freckled faced-red haired kid at the CEHD. May Love support you and your family during this tough time.