Saturday, August 29, 2009

We made if home safely from Pittsburgh about 4:00 pm yesterday.  It was not a bad drive but it was pretty rough on Bill.  He seems to have gotten progressively worse quickly over the past week or so, not able to eat or drink much because of the pain.  Of course when you cannot eat or drink much your body reacts rather negatively.  He has become very dehydrated and weak.  

So, this morning the girls and I took him to the hospital where he is receiving fluids and a stronger pain medication.  Neither Bill nor I wanted to face another round in the hospital, but it was time.  He was in pretty bad shape.  They will do some tests while we're here and see if they can determine what's going on.  The Dr. promised we would not be here long, but we've certainly heard that before and to be honest, I don't want to go home only to return in a day or so.  So, we are in University room 527 hanging out.  

We don't really know what we might do about Pittsburgh, if anything.  They are running a clinical trial on a Melanoma vaccine which sounds promising to me, but there are strict guidelines for eligibility.  In order to even find out if he is eligible, we would need to make another trip and have tests done.  So, given his current state, that may not be an option.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.  

In the meantime, he is resting comfortably and filling up with fluids.  The kids are all down this weekend, they are my strength, all four of them.  Thanks for continuing to send those positive thoughts our way.  

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the updates so our family knows how to pray for yours. I check this blog and pray for you all regularly. Please let me know if there is anything we can do!

Unknown said...

holly & bill,
i send my prayers for you and my encouragement to you. i am here to do anything for you & your family. let me know how i might be of help to amy & emily while they are in nky. i'm only a cell fone call away.
love,
kathleen

sundog459 said...

I love you all. See you in a day or two.
Annie