Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bill passed away this morning. He went peacefully in his sleep. Even though I thought I was prepared, it was pretty overwhelming. He was stirring around 3:00 a.m. and I got up to give him some more pain medication. I sat with him and held his hand for about and hour while he settled down and seemed comfortable again. He did squeeze my hand, at least I would like to believe that he did.

When I awoke this morning to check on him he was gone. He finally made his peace. He fought a very long, painful battle and didn't really complain very much, he never was bitter and tried to keep a positive attitude throughout the fight.

We will hold visitation on Friday at the Highland Funeral Home on Taylorsville Rd from 2-4 and 6-8. The funeral mass will be at St. Agnes Church on Newburg Rd at 1:00. I want to thank all of the many family and friends who have been praying for him and sending positive thoughts throughout this ordeal. I know he is at peace now, and soon I hope I too will have that peace.


4 comments:

sundog459 said...

You will have that peace. In fact, it is settling on you even now. Remember that now, all you have to do is breathe. Everything else will take care of itself.

I love you,
Annie

Van 1- Hall said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. may god bless.

Unknown said...

sending light, love and energy your way. carol

MJ said...

My family and I want you to know that we are thinking of you and your whole family during these difficult days. My prayer is that the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will be your constant companion.

Much Love, your neighbors....

Mary and Sam Conver, Cheryl and Victor Himbaugh, and Mrs. Mary Brumback